Join ADESTE's final conference to be held from 10-11 March 2016 in Bilbao, Spain. This will be a unique opportunity to unlock key findings, learn about innovative and effective approaches to audiences, hear from leading experts, network with peers from across Europe and beyond, and gain new knowledge and skills to improve your audience development results!
WHAT CAN YOU EXPECT FROM THE PROGRAMME?
During the programme's two-day line up, we will hear from our invited speakers on the key role of cultural policies to support organisations in their transition towards audience-based models: Monica Urian, Programme Manager, European Commission/ DG Education and Culture, Creative Europe Programme; Henrik Martén, Head of Development at Kulture i Väst in Sweden; and Joanna Szwajcowska, Deputy Director of the Culture Department of the Capital City of Warsaw.
Alessandro Bollo, Head of the Research and Consultancy Department at the Fitzcarraldo Foundation will moderate a session dedicated to the mutual benefits of closer cooperation between academics and practitioners to advance audience development for the arts and cultural sector. He will be joined by Cristina Da Milano, President of ECCOM who will report on the first results of the "Study on audience development - How to place audiences at the centre of cultural organisations", commissioned by the EU.
Participants will also be actively involved through the different sessions, becoming protagonists of a dynamic debate during the World Café, facilitated by Anne Torreggiani of The Audience Agency. Participants will also meet Iker Tolosa, and Enara García (Donostia-San Sebastián 2016 European Capital of Culture) for an inside look into the audience strategies behind this broad project.
>> Download the conference e-Reader here. (Available in English only. Conference participants will receive a printed copy at registration.)
>> Download the abstracts for papers to be presented at the conference's scientific sessions on 10 March.
HOW DO I REGISTER?
Fill in the online registration form here to confirm your attendance at the ADESTE conference on Audience Development.
HOW DO I GET FROM THE AIRPORT TO THE BILBAO CITY CENTRE?
There is a bus that departs every 30 minutes from the airport and has several stops in the centre of Bilbao: Gran Vía 79; Plaza Moyua; and Alameda Recalde 11.
Ticket cost: A single ticket costs €1.45.
For more information about local public transport to and from the airport, click here.
For more inforamtion about taxis to and from the airport, click here.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
The ADESTE conference on audience development is designed for arts and cultural professionals, academics, researchers, trainers, policy makers, and students.
*This list includes names of participants who have given permission to have their names published.
WHY SHOULD YOU ATTEND?
- Learn about leading audience development training and practice for arts and cutlural professionals
- Network and find new international partners for future projects, exhibitions and productions
- Understand how the academic world is contributing to the practices of audience development
- Participate in guided field visits in Bilbao and San Sebastián, with a selection of relevant location for audience-based strategies
WHAT IS INCLUDED IN THE ADESTE CONFERENCE?
- Free subscription to all the conference sessions
- Lunch and dinner on 10 March and all coffee breaks catered and free
- Free bus transfer from Bilbao to San Sebastián (round-trip)
- Special rates for:
- a guided tour of the Guggenheim Bilbao and other cultural sites in San Sebastián
- final conference dinner at the Bistro Guggenheim Bilbao